Social change fund
CAF India's Social change fund is an initiative designed to develop strategic investment for achieving high and long-term impact from social development projects. We recognise the need for philanthropic giving to be innovative and resilient. The objective of the Social change fund is to bridge the gulf between the charitable potential of individuals and the local specific developmental challenges of a community.
Social change fund will help support:
- systematic identification of cutting edge not-for-profit organizations and programmes that are innovative and strategic in education, chronic health care and livelihood promotion
- coherent programme design, management and administration within each thematic framework reviewing and evaluating specific interventions
- increasing the scope and impact of programmes and interventions in line with development goals
CAF India has initially focused on three thematic areas of livelihood promotion, education and health for greater effectiveness and impact. Each thematic area has a well defined rationale, concrete objectives and a plan to balance risks with returns.
This initiative provides a blue print of nine need-based projects thoroughly reviewed by experts under each thematic area. An individual donor can select and contribute for any of these areas online
. Alternatively, you can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Objectives of the three thematic areas
- generate a macro perspective on livelihood promotion and fund appropriate activities
- develop common strategies and approaches with multiple stakeholders (government, corporate, financial institutions et al) so as to not replicate the services
- support institutions with a focus on sustainability
- address gender and class/caste issues while developing appropriate projects and programmes
- reach the poorest and amongst them the most marginalized women
- ensure significant improvement in the quality of primary and elementary education in India by working within existing government initiatives
- provide opportunities for both teaching and learning by sharing knowledge and innovations
- enhance capacity building and institutional support
- improve quality and accessibility of key health services at facilities and within communities.
- Increase capacities of communities, local governments, and local partners to effectively address local health needs
- generate and disseminate health information and knowledge